When we travel, it is vital that our diaper bag is prepped and ready-to-go, whether for the airport transit process or a day of sight seeing. We have found out the hard way that an unprepared diaper bag can have a tremendously negative impact on the day. Now that we have a toddler AND a baby, it is easy for us to over-do it with unnecessary items, and at the same time, forget something that we really need.
Sometimes when I manage our family’s diaper bag on our trips, I feel like Mary Poppins is my idol. Compiling a thorough diaper bag for vacation is a balancing act of bringing all the essentials without making the bag too heavy. I like to organize the items by category, and separate the categories into zip lock bags or packing cubes. The goal is to replenish the diaper bag each night, so that we are not in a rush or forget items when we had out for the day the next morning. Here is a list of our go-to’s for our diaper bag!
Diaper Changing Gear
- 1 bottle/sippy cup filled with water (per child)
- 1 bottle/sippy cup – empty (per child)
- Disposable mat for table
- Formula powder (in portable formula container) + water
- Nursing cover (if breastfed)
- Manual breast pump (if pumping)
- Snacks (our favorite are granola bars, fruit pouches, banana, and nuts)
- Outfit change per child
- Amazon Kids Tablet
- Portable charger for parents phones
- Baby sunblock
- Hand sanitizer
- Travel size allergy medicine/infant Tylenol
- 1-2 small toys
*Please note, the products linked may not be the exact version I use, but quite similar. What are some of the go-to items in your list?