In September, we took a family trip to Croatia, along with both of our parents. It was a ten day trip, and we visited Dubrovnik, Hvar, and Split. It was busy, but incredible! Because of COVID and certain country guidelines, we modified our itinerary accordingly. Here is an overview! Please note, because we were a large group, the cost of arranging a private driver and a private boat tour evened out to be the same cost per person as a larger group.
- Day 1: Arrive in Dubrovnik. Settle in and explore the Old Town.
- Day 2: Day trip to Korkula Island (We initially wanted to visit Montenegro, but b/c of COVID restrictions from the UK, we were not able to go there)
- Day 3: Kayaking (Not baby/toddler friendly, so make sure you have someone to watch the kids while you kayak), a photoshoot in the old town, and walking/exploring food and ice cream in the Old Town
- Day 4: Day trip to Bosnia and Kravice Falls
- Day 5: Transit from Dubrovnik to Hvar
- Day 6: A boar tour that took us around to different islands and spots for swimming, snorkeling, and pictures. Please note, one of the main sites is the Blue Grotto, but the boat ride there is not recommended for young kids
- Day 7: Transit from Hvar to Split
- Day 8: Day trip to Krka National Park and Sibenik
- Day 9: Explore Split city center
- Day 10: Depart Split for home!